This post might be so shocking, so incredibly ridiculous that you just might fall off your chair! Today Roxie and I were coming back from the grocery store and I was attempting to get her out of the car. She's two right, so every little thing we do is a power struggle. Finally she gets out of the car and demands that I hold her. I tell her no because I have my arms full of groceries and she needs to walk. At this point she starts to loose it (it's time for lunch and a nap so she's tired and hungry). I tell her that I'm going inside and she needs to come too and I walk away. Our apartment is like 10 feet from the garage. She cries and is being stubborn and I am being a mother and ignoring it and waiting for her to make up her mind to come in by herself. Roxie was out there whining for about 10 minutes before she finally decided to drop it and come inside and eat lunch. All is fine.
Well about 10 minutes into our lunch a police officer knocks on our door. Apparently they got a call from a concerned neighbor that there was a child crying and wandering around with no mommy to be seen! I was dumbfounded. There is a window that looks right outside, I was watching Roxie the entire time. She wasn't hurt or in danger, just stubborn. I told the nice police man that I have a two year old who was throwing a temper tantrum and that everything was fine. He insisted on seeing Roxie for himself. I let him in and he watched Roxie eat her sandwich for about 5 minutes before he thought it was okay to leave this poor child alone with her abusive mother.
Can you believe this?! I called Matt in some kind of panic shock that someone would go far enough to call the police! They knew I was home, I would call out the door to Roxie every few minutes and tell her to come in. No one else in our tiny complex has children so they obviously haven't dealt with the naughtiness of a two year old. So, now I'm all paranoid that I'm being watched. If I make one bad move, the police will be at my door! Incredible.
2021 Mother’s Day Card Printable
5 years ago
7 comments:
That is the most absolutely ridiculous thing I have ever heard. People that aren't parents are so stupid that I really want to come down there and punch everybody that was home at that time right in the face. You did exactly what you should have done and I can't even believe that a police officer would waste his time even responding to a call like that. SO STUPID!!! I would totally be paranoid too if I were you. Good luck with the neighbors.
I was afraid something like this would happen sooner or later...your neglectful mothering has finally come under suspicion. Soon Roxie will be drinking Kool Aid from her sippy and have a couple of black teef in her mouth...
I think you should move. To a rougher neighborhood where she'll fit in better...
Oh my Hell. Carrie Hellewell, do not be paranoid! Don't you give those fools another thought unless it is to mock them and laugh and their ridiculousness. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! Call me, we need to chat!
Carrie, I love this story! Keep up the great parenting. I would have done the same thing if it were my little girl. In fact, I let Addie howl on the back porch when she's being naughty. No cops yet, but maybe soon.
AAAAHHHHH!! If you have read my post about being ransacked then I get what you may be feeling. TOO funny. No harm done. I do think that it is AWSOME that he came in and "observed". Ya, funny when people get annoyed at kids when we were all crazy at some point. What shocks me is how many empty nesters that get annoyed at little ones, even when they've had half a dozen kids themselves. They just forget how crazy it is. Love that story though. JOHNBOY
2 and already in trouble with the law. Just wait till is is 16.
That is just classic! Some people just need to learn to keep their noses out of others business. If they were really that concerned, don't you think they should have come out to see how Roxie was, or how you were, before calling the police? Well, obviously none of them have ever parented a two-year old, or any toddler for that matter because that sounds like a fairly typical power struggle at my house.
Post a Comment