Sunday, March 16, 2008

New Projects

I love having a new project. I love finding something old and used from a garage sale, or in our case Craigslist, and making it new and loved again. I've decided Roxie needs to be freed from her crib and released into a big girls bed. She is very excited by all this. Last time we went to Utah she slept in a big girls bed at her Grandparents and has NOT forgotten it. Most times when I put her in her crib to sleep, she will mention the big girls bed she slept in at Grandma's house and how much she liked it. So, it's time and I started my search. I ended up finding a cute, simple white bed from a nice lady that was a steal of a price. We figured there's no purpose in buying a brand new bed because Roxie is still young and will most likely bang this one up pretty good herself. So, I'm excited. It needs to be sanded and painted again and I'm dying to get at it. I get kind of crazy with new projects. I inherited my Dad's genes for anxiousness when it comes to projects. I want to get it done today. I don't want to waste a second. I want to sand, paint and set it up in a matter of hours. I'm delusional and I don't see why this is a problem. Thank goodness for Matt because I would have stayed up until very late last night trying to finish it all. But it the next couple of days it should be finished and then I'll post some pictures.

In the meantime, I'm in complete denial that Roxie is even old enough to be in a big girls bed. I can't believe how grown up she is. She's drinking out of a normal cup, plays by herself, plays make believe, undresses herself, counts to ten, knows her numbers, and mimics everything we do. I'll catch her "talking" on the phone and saying things like "are you kidding?" and "I'm so excited, we'll be there!" It's so cute. I'm loving this age. Every time I turn around she is doing something to surprise me. She's cute and naughty, I guess such cuteness comes with a price.

6 comments:

Megan, John and kids said...

She's such a cutie. Kids are so fun. It's amazing how their independence can be so great to watch, but can also be the biggest pain. I guess what's best is seeing them succeed a being independent. I hope you have as much fun fixing up the bed as Roxie will have sleeping in it.

Mindy and Tyler said...

I can't wait to see pics of the finished project.

jayna said...

Good smart thinking with the bed...it will get totally abused! I'm sure everything will turn out adorably! We need to chat...I'll call you tomorrow sometime. That is if you can pry yourself away from the bed project for a few minutes...

Jennifer said...

That picture is so cute! It's crazy how fast kids grow. Keoni is gonna be 5 in two months and I'm completely in denial that he will be in kindergarten next year. Good luck with the bed thing! I can't wait to see pictures!

Natalee Maynes said...

Roxie is so cute! I love that she says "We'll be there!" on the phone. So adult! I'm dying to see the project--post lots of pics. I'm totally with you on LOVING to have projects. Although Viv leaves me little time to complete anything, I tend to start more than my fair share! ;)

Natalee Maynes said...

Roxie is so cute! I love that she says "We'll be there!" on the phone. So adult! I'm dying to see the project--post lots of pics. I'm totally with you on LOVING to have projects. Although Viv leaves me little time to complete anything, I tend to start more than my fair share! ;)