Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Matt!

Today is Matt's birthday. Matt's not into birthdays like I am but I thought I would give him a little shout out on his 29th. Here are five reasons why I love my Matty.
1-He's hysterical. He really is the funniest person I know. He can make me laugh just by huffing. I always wanted to be with someone with a good sense of humor and I wouldn't sacrifice it for the world. Having a husband around that can make you laugh at any given moment is a gift.
2-He's so dedicated to his job. I know that that can seem bad but it's actually great. He takes his job of protector and provider of this family very seriously and I'm so grateful for it. It makes it easy for me to stay home and do my job.
3-He's a good Dad. He's so great with Roxie and Roxie loves him so much. She talks about him while he's at work, she misses him. He not only plays with her and has fun with her but he helps me take care of her. If she wakes up early, he's the one that gets up with her. He's always willing to do his share. He's a great parent.
4-He listens to me. That's not an easy task because I am by nature a talker. I love to talk. I sort out all my problems by talking. He's great at knowing when just to listen and when to give or not give advice. He hears me talk a lot and has a lot of patience because he is a known non-talker! He's a great communicator.
5-He loves me and is a wonderful husband. I couldn't ask for better. Anyone that knows us, knows that we were meant to be. Matt is so kind and loving and caring. He is always doing these very sweet things for me, even if they're not typically romantic. Heaven knows I'm bossy and he actually doesn't seem to mind, at least he hides it well anyway. He is a blessing to be married to.
Happy Birthday Matt!

2 comments:

jayna said...

Oh Matty...you are the man of many dreams. I miss the days back in Provo when would try to talk to each other instead of passing the phone to Carrie. Those stolen moments will always stay with me. As will the robot phone message "Get off my lap, bi-yatch" that you left on our machine. So happy birthday man- you are one of the best!

Care, this was a cute post. It's good to gush sometimes. Heaven knows I could just go on and on about Tyler and his onesie struggling skills...

Megan, John and kids said...

What a great post. It sounds like he's perfect for you Carrie. I'm glad that you're so happy and I hope he appreciates this sweet gesture.