Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Matt's skills

We all knew that Matt had skills with numbers, jumping things that no man should jump and sweet dance moves but I have two new skills to add to his repertoire. Last Christmas Roxie got a new "baby" and we needed a sufficient place for her to sleep. Matt (and his brother in law, John) built this very cute cradle for her babies.
As you can see, it's quite professional and actually rocks back and forth! We were all pleasantly surprised Christmas morning.

Matt's second talent came by surprise. I was interested in embroidering a sweater for a friend. It seemed a simple enough job but after unpicking it no less than 4 times, I gave up. Matt picked it up and within a few days had finished it! It was a perfect balance of busy work and exactness. This is the second sweater he has done.
I'm very proud and pleased that Matt has been able to do such great projects. He's a pretty great guy!

6 comments:

jayna said...

This just proves that girls only want to date guys who have skills...woodworking and embroidery skills...forget about bo staffs and computer hacking. Wowser Mattie, Wowser!

Melissa said...

I should have had Matt make my crib!!! Wow, it's gorgeous. I love how the sweater turned out, too. Pretty rad.

Megan, John and kids said...

Great to have a husband with such amazing skills! As you can see, I found your blog from your comment on mine? I'll add a link so I can always find it. I love it!

Jennifer said...

Yaowzah! That's amazing! You are some lucky girls!

Mimi said...

Wow Matt!! I am way impressed! The cradle is impressive, but the sweater is phenominal!!! I am just starting to knit and I made a baby hat bigger than John's head!

You definitely have skills! If you make it a hobby I will put in my order!!

Mimi said...

Matt, I am speachless. Needless to say, we won't mention these kind of skills at fight night with the boyz. Man, I am strangley skilled with a needle and thread myself, but I never thought to take it to the internet. Balsey.

John