Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Our ode to Beana

I think Roxie has had an invisible playmate for a few days. She keeps talking about someone named Beana. At least that's what I can decipher this nice girls name to be. Roxie has set a place at the table for Beana, she's made me call Beana to see if she can play and randomly while we're playing I'll hear her whisper Beana's name. But something terrible has happened! Today I mentioned Beana and Roxie shouted, "No Beana!" Yesterday, she and Beana were on good terms but apparently they've had a falling out. I've tried to get any kind of info out of Roxie but she is tight lipped about the situation. I've been left to imagine that perhaps Roxie got offended when Beana wouldn't share her dessert, or maybe Beana has found a new friend. Although, I don't know who could be a truer friend than Roxie. So, today I say farewell to our dear friend Beana. You will be missed, at least until Roxie finds another invisible friend.

4 comments:

jayna said...

Such a cute little story to remember when she's older! Poor Beana...she's going to be sorry she crossed Roxie! We need to chat. I don't know what/if you have a naptime, so call me if/when you do.

Jennifer said...

I love imaginary friends. I wish my boys had some. Maybe Kaila will have one for me. A mother can always hope!

Melissa said...

I'm thinking I agree with Jim, Beana must be a little punk in order to upset poor Roxy.

angie said...

i love a good imagination