Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Thanks

I've been having thoughts lately. I think it all stems from an old friend of mine. I had a friend in my old home ward who committed suicide Christmas Eve and every once and a while I can't get it off my mind. The last week has been kind of rough for me. Roxie has been especially tough, I know you Grandparents can't believe that this can really happen but every so often she can be a bit of trouble. Besides Roxie, it's just been one of those weeks when you just can't get motivated or excited about much. Ever had one of those? Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's post holiday let down, I don't know but I can't keep thinking about my friend who obviously had a string of long weeks and rough days. It makes me wonder how one could ever get that low. Can it happen to someone else I know? Could it happen to me? What makes me so different? And then it came to me. There is no way I could ever get that low! I have way too many people that are supporting me and pushing me along. How could I ever really get too low or feel that alone? For those people I am thankful. So, I've made somewhat of a grouping of people that I want to thank for not letting me takes things too seriously.

1-Matt and Roxie. Even though Roxie can be what seems the source of distress at times, what she brings in distress is nothing compared to what she brings in happiness. I've never seen someone so happy and it's infectious. Even when she's exhausted or sick, she finds a way to be happy. And Matt, well, there are no words to express the kind of support he gives me. No one is there for me the way Matt is. He is the driving force being everything I do. For him I am most grateful.
2-Where would I be without my old college friends? All are so great but two stand out. Jayna. My rock. My sanity. She will always welcome my venting, my questions, my anxious concerns and my problems. What's amazing is that she always seems to have the right answer! You are truly a treasure in my life. Even if you live in Idaho. And Jim. Where would we be without Jim coming over and letting us escape our problems with a good old fashioned smack down. When Jim comes over, I'm reminded of simpler times and how much fun we've all had together. Jim brings joy with him, it's innate. Even if he doesn't know it.
3-Family. I am so blessed that I have a bunch of brothers, sisters and in-laws (really a BUNCH) that are always checking up on me and are there to lend an ear. Namely though, Laura. What an amazing person she is. She's always the one to call when I've lost all patience. She is the perfect example to me of what a mother should be. Who else could have handled what she has been through in the last year? And yet, she always has time for me.
4-My ward family. There are too many to name but all are so amazing. From lunches to park days. You have no idea how nice it is to have so many wonderful women around that are so willing to talk, go to a movie, babysit, have lunch or go for a walk. I am blessed to be surrounded by such great people.

I've only mentioned a fraction of people that are my support but in an effort to not make this one entry a novel, I will only say that I am lucky. Lucky to have an amazing network of friends and family that I love dearly.

4 comments:

jayna said...

I have no words Care. I needed this shout out to get through the rest of this week. You are my BFF and you know I love you more than my luggage. (With each other in our corners, things can never get so bad that a little inside-out club can't handle it!)

Jim Hutchings said...

I am the lucky one to have you three not only in my life, but close enough to really be IN my life. I can honestly say that I do not know how I’d make it through most weeks here without you and Matt and my Roxinator. I love you.

Williams Fam said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Carrie-That stuff is tougher than ever-I know. I went through the same thing a few years ago when my bestfriend took his life, and it's one of the hardest things for survivors to deal with. I have a great book for you if you'd like to read it>? Please know you're more than welcome to call me or come by if you need to talk, or just need a distraction from your daily life! I need those all the time! I'm glad you feel so loved and supported-it really helps, doesn't it?
And don't ya just love when our "little angels" aren't so angelic? It's always hard for everyone to believe it's true except their own mothers!! Carly has been like that this week, and I've been so sick(I'm getting better now), and I don't know what I would have done if Ryan didn't come home on lunch break to relieve me!!

Diana & CJ said...

Care, that got me a little emotional. Girl, I'm sorry for your friend but I'm also happy you know that you will never get that low. Love you Care!