The last two weeks have been kind of crazy. Matt's parents have been here, which has been really great! But then the end of last week, I got sick. So, between Matt's parents being here and being sick, the house has turned into a war zone. I woke up this morning, with my head clear and focused first the first time in days, and looked around the house and was horrified. Crumbs everywhere, mail strewn to all corners of the living room, dishes in the kitchen, and laundry piling over. Roxie and I set to work! Now, if you know me well enough, you know that I love to clean. I know, it's weird and slightly odd but really I love sweeping floors and especially vacuuming. It's strange because as a kid I hated cleaning (didn't we all?). But now I find some kind of pleasure and satisfaction in it. What's even more strange is that all the fanatical things that my mother made us do, to which I despised, I find myself doing now. My mom used to, actually I'm sure she still does this, put a washcloth over a butter knife and make us go around all the edges of the drawer to pick up any hair, crumbs or lint that resided there. I used to think she was nuts! But I find myself doing the same thing now and not only doing it but reveling in it's genius! It's the only way to get a drawer completely clean! Some of you may think we're a bit obsessive, but I don't think so. I just like things clean. Is that so bad? So, maybe sometimes I dream about it. Maybe sometimes I can't wait to do it all again. Kill me. I LOVE TO CLEAN!
2021 Mother’s Day Card Printable
5 years ago
4 comments:
Next time I see you, I'll be sure to leave a nice hairy surprise on your pillow...just in response to this post.
I love a clean house, especially when it smells good. Do you have a swifer? I'm sure you probably do. I only use it on my wood floor but it's the best for leaving the front room smelling so good & clean. I don't think you're nuts well maybe a little OCD but this is a good thing to be OCD about.
i used to clean all the time - i'm afraid i'm in a cleaning rut with piles of clothes pleading to be put away. sigh.
I wish you lived by me so you could come and clean my house. I, personally, do not love to clean and struggle with it so much. I wish I had been forced to clean more growing up so that I'd be better at it. Oh well, it's great to have people like you to bring balance to the world.
Post a Comment