Not so bad huh? Well, compare it to Roxie now.
Yeah, it was a little small. But Roxie didn't care. It actually was still standing when we left days later! Utah was a little colder than I remembered!
I was able to go to my old roommates baby shower with a bunch of other roommates from out of town. It was great to be able to see everyone and catch up. I wish I had taken pictures but my friends did so you can see them on their page. Diana is the last of us to have a baby, so there was a lot of advice and laughter. I'm so excited for her to become a mom! Here's a picture of the dress that I made her.
My mom helped a lot. I would love to say I made it all by myself but I'd be lying. My mom was a big help. It was fun actually. Talking together and watching her sewing skills. I'm trying to learn more. Roxie and I were also able to visit Matt's sister, Amy, who recently moved to Utah. It was great to see her in her new location and visit with her. The love and adoration Roxie has for Amy is astounding! She's a great Aunt to her nieces and nephews. All in all we had a good trip. Except the two hour plane delay coming back!
Thanks to all for your concerns regarding my Dad. He is doing well and is recovering slowly. It was a pretty crazy event for all of us. Thanks for all your comments and prayers. I really appreciate it!
12 comments:
chase is totally in snowman mode these days! but, that may be the cutest little snowman, ever! i love the delicate little scarf...and i am so impressed by your sewing skillz :)
Okay the snowman almost made me pee my pants. I thought it was awesome till I saw it next to Roxie...I mean it is still awesome but gosh that really was the tiniest snowman I ever seen. I'm sure Roxie still loved making it, regardless of size. Snaps, you gave me a good laugh.
Now for the dress, your mom is amazing. The woman has some good skills-I see where you get your craftiness from. I get complements on that dress whenever I show it to anyone & they can’t believe it was handmade.
As for your dad I’m glad to hear he’s doing better. I’m also glad to know you’re doing better.
Love ya Care!
I agree with Di- almost died laughing when I realized the size of it! Good one!
Way to go...you're a real life Blog Queen now. I'm so proud. (And I love the new page choices!)
Cute dress. Where did you get the fabric? I LOVE it! You'll have to share some tips and skill with me. I too am working to improve my sewing skills, (though mine are still extremely amateur). Also very cute snowman...how stylish that the snowman's scarf matches the dress ;)
Super fancy dress!! I love it! My mom helps me with all of my sewing projects- I can't handle messing up. Roxie is a doll..with her mini SM. How fun that you all keep in touch! Tell her congrats on the baby for me! We need to come visit you guys.
I'm so impressed with that adorable little dress. I don't care if you had help, it's still amazing! I love your style.
I've been out of the blogging/social world for so long that I didn't know your dad wasn't doing well, I'm so sorry! It's always so difficult when something happens to a parent. Glad all is well.
I love the new colors especially your backround!
That is hell-arious.
Hey Care! I hope you had a great birthday. Did you get my email? I am still not sure that I have everyone's correct emails yet. Roxie is such a little doll! She looks so much like you! It looks like you had a great time at Di's shower, I wish I could have been there. Hope you're happy. And I hope your dad gets better!
I love the dress! The fabric and colors are great (not to mention the design/pattern)! I guess that just about covers everything about it...
Post a Comment