Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dad

My family has had a very traumatic few days. On Tuesday (my birthday) my Dad went to the hospital for a stress test. He had felt some pains in his chest earlier in the month and thought it would be a good idea to have it checked out. Well, he didn't do so well with the stress test so they did a few more tests and told him that he wasn't going home. Yesterday my Dad had 6 blockages fixed through bypass surgery. How he made it so long with so many blockages is a miracle. Even the doctor was surprised that he hadn't had a heart attack sooner. My whole family is in shock. It's strange and obviously very frightening to have a parent have surgery of this gravity at such a seemingly young age. It's made me think of changes I can make now to prevent this from happening to me. My Dad is fine and out of surgery now and I'm just so grateful that everything went well and that it was caught in time. I love my Dad too much and I'm definitely not ready for anything more serious to happen to him. He's going to have a rough couple of weeks ahead of him but I'm just so happy that he is alright and still with us.

5 comments:

jayna said...

Oh my gosh Care! Was this while you were still there or had you left? I am so sorry but so relieved that he's pulled through A-OK. That is crazy scary! Let me know if you need anything, or if you want to chat, you know where to find me! Love you.

Jennifer said...

I can't imagine what you all must be going through. I am so happy that he is OK. That is just unbelievable. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. You know I love you girl! I'm here for you!

Diana & CJ said...

I'm sorry Care, that sounds really serious. Were you still in Utah when it happened? If I remember right I think the plan was that you were leaving Tuesday. Well, I'll say a little something for your dad in my prayers tonight. Stay strong. I Love you!

Lilly said...

What the WHAT??! My heart is pounding right now! I am seriously on the verge of tears! I had no idea. Why haven't you called me?!! We need to talk. I am so glead he is okay! Are you?

krusson said...

Thanks Carrie,

I don't know what I would do without my super kids. I am doing great thanks to all the prayers and thoughts. Today is two weeks since the surgery and there isn't much I can't do except lift heavy things.

Dad