Monday, July 7, 2008

Utah

We had a terrific time in Utah. It was great to see all my family during our camping trip together. You can not imagine the fun Roxie had. To sleep in a tent, in a sleeping bag, with mom and dad and to wake up to cousins and Grandma and Papa. What else could a 2 year old ask for? She was thrilled and still talks about it all. She had such a wonderful time with all her cousins. And we had a great time being able to relax and enjoy the company while Roxie was entertained.


We were also able to go swimming... a lot. Roxie first went swimming with Maggie and Henry (Lilly's two kids) on the trampoline with a sprinker underneath, her very favorite thing to do. The three of them hit it off immediately and had a wonderful time!

Then we had a final swim party with the cousins, Andrew is her favorite little cousin and they had a lot of fun doing who knows what.

And lastly, we were finally able to get a real family picture done. My very talented cousin's helped us out and I'm very pleased at how they turned out. Maybe we'll get more one day.
What a great trip! We also had a great time visiting Matt's parents house in Midway with terrific Aunt Amy. Roxie (and all children) are enamored with Aunt Amy and we've missed her! It was great to spend some time with her as well, as she now lives in Utah and works as a firefighter. I mean how cool is that?! I only wished we snapped some pictures!

7 comments:

CJensen said...

Beautiful Family photo of a beautiful family. It sounds like you had a great time. A good time with cousins is always fun for the kids! OUrs can't wait until they get to run around with thiers later this month!

jayna said...

Love the photos! The kids together are so so cute!

Erin Leigh said...

hello! i can't believe you didn't mention the reunion. psh!

Riley Family said...

Yea Carrie! Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you an your family! There are some cute books out there for new big siblings. Although I only know of big brother books myself, or I would tell you some titles. :) Looks like you had a great trip to Utah. My sister just moved back to Utah so that means (when traveling fees are lower) we'll visit there again and come out and see ya. :) I wish you all the best with your pregnancy! Jen

Diana & CJ said...

Love the family photos. Roxie & you have the exact same smile.

Lilly said...

The family pictures really turned out great! How fun! Of course our little ones hit it off, they are going to be having sleep overs one day while we make jam! And I can't help but agree with Erin, how was the reunion?! Maybe that is its own blog?

Brandy said...

cute family pics!