Sunday, April 13, 2008

San Francisco Zoo

Yesterday we decided to go to the zoo. Roxie has never really been to a big zoo like this one, so we were very excited. She has read all about so many animals and it was nice for her to finally see some of them. We were able to see giraffes, monkeys, polar bears, grizzly bears, flamingo's (Roxie's favorite) and meerkats (my favorite). The weather was perfect. We had these great visions of staying at the zoo all day and enjoying our time there. But after about 2 hours of fun, we decided that was enough. Roxie was done too. We had a really good time and Roxie is still talking about it so I guess that's a good sign.
When we got home, we got a surprise visit from Matt's dad. Roxie was so shocked! He was up here for the day helping someone move. We were able to visit for a while. Roxie loves her grandparents! She was running all around, very excited. We had a great day!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob said...

Short zoo trips are the key. It's brutal if you try and make the family get your money's worth out of the trip and turn it into an all day marathon. Here in NC we just buy a year pass for the aquariums and the zoo (they take it at partner institutions in a lot of other states too) so we know we can always come back next time if we don't see everything.

jayna said...

I disagree...you should have stayed there until Roxie AND Matt were both crying to leave...just to make sure you got your money's worth.

Give a girl a call sometime when you catch a minute. Even though nothing exciting is going on. Did you get the picture books?

MikeandJill said...

I love Zoo excursions! Jill and I went to the Zoo the same day. It was packed. I think everyone had a little spring fever! I remember the zoo being alot cooler when I was younger, but maybe the zoo in California the animals weren't all sleeping. How are you?