Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Husbands and their hair

The back story:
Matt had decided that it was due time for a new hair style. A more "grown up" style, he called it. You all remember his hair right? Kind of that cool surfer thing. I liked it. I loved it. It was the first thing that attracted me to him 9 years ago. I remembered his hair. He's always had good hair, even during the buzzed period, I liked it.

But this new style was something that I was struggling with. He wanted a side part. Dreaded. He was trying to do something akin to this (without the cigarette):
I flat out told him I didn't like it. I told him he looked like a 19 year old missionary. But he was convinced. He wanted to look more mature. More grown up. I guess I had to deal with it and accept his new hairstyle.

Yesterday:
Matt said he was going to get a trim. Just cut up around his ears and neck. No big deal. He came home yesterday with his cool hair back again! He looked so good. So young! I was so shocked. When I asked him what happened to his adult hair he said "The lady that cut my hair said that I was far too young to do a side part. She said that I could pull off a hip cut. She told me to trust her and I said OK".

!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe my ears. These were all things that I had told him! Yet it took a young 20 something (most likely cute) school girl to bat her eyes and he cut the side part. His hair is back.

So, I ask. Why is it that I can't get him to do it but this young lady could? I wish I knew her name so I could send her a thank you card.

3 comments:

jayna said...

This story kills me for so many reasons.

We married idiots. Good idiots, but stilll. Remember..."Oh dude, she's going to be HOT when she's older..."

Idiots.

At least they're good-lookin', right? Although we are a bit disappointed that Egon won't be making an appearance...

Jim Hutchings said...

Come on now Russ... Matty's a good looking man, but Don Draper is a stretch.

Riley Family said...

Hilarious! Whenever my husband tries “the part” on Sundays I cringe and try to encourage him otherwise. :)

Thanks so much for the tip on the tree! I was shocked that painting the tree was such a foreign idea to my brain. It was so much easier and cheaper. Your tree is much more beautiful!!! But mine works for what I wanted. :) Thanks Care!