Tuesday, March 9, 2010

All keyed up

If you're getting sick of seeing my home projects, I'm sorry but get used to it. It's all I'm doing around here lately. I mean, besides taking care of the kids... which I do. I think. Anyway. I saw these cute little antique keys in a Pottery Barn magazine and thought what a cute idea. I thought about purchasing said antique keys until I glanced down and saw that they were way, way too much money. Blast you Pottery Barn!

Thank you ebay. I found a bunch of antique keys and bought them for $12. Matt made the shadow boxes and we used leftover beadboard from Roxie's room. Voila. A perfect little touch to our front door entry.

6 comments:

Diana said...

Ummm, I love this idea. Darn Pottery Barn & their fancy expensiveness. Who do they think they are? How did you get the keys to stay on the board? Okay, you deserve some kind of award for this. So clever & so crafty. Love it!

April HelleDickson said...

The beadboard is a really nice touch. It's a really nice mix of farm and modern, without being cheesy which is impressive. Old skeleton keys are so beautiful. I wonder what they all went to...

angie said...

these are so cute!

i feel like i haven't commented in awhile...i peak in but wanted to just say hi this time! and i really do love the keys. you should have an etsy shop so i can buy your talents!

St. Julien's said...

cute stuff! i love these and roxie's room! amazing that you finish projects i am inspired. i always look at stuff and think oh duh i am not buying that cute cute expensive thing, i could make it. i take a pic and thats as far as i get...someday! good for you girl! i like yo style:)

jayna said...

I agree w/ April. I've been trying to incorporate this similar idea on a wall in the living room, but I haven't quite figured out how without looking too "antique-y".

Very well done Mrs. Hellewell.

Riley Family said...

Love it! I love that Matt made the boxes and you found the keys for $12! That's the best!