skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Baby it's cold outside
This has been the scene in our backyard for the last few days.
A few things to point out. Yes, that is Roxie's pic-nic table. Nope, we have not put away the grill. What's that by the stairs you ask? Indeed those are bubbles in that big, blue bottle. I'm in denial. How could this be? I'm outraged! I've been in a funk for a few days now and this blasted snow is the culprit. Why does it seem that Autumn is always the shortest of seasons? It also happens to be my favorite of all seasons so I'm always disappointed when snow starts falling. But it's still October for sake of pete! It's about now that I get incredibly homesick for those warm, lovely days in California. Oh, how I miss Menlo Park! Going to the park in January? Fantastic! Yes, I had to live in a tiny apartment where I would have been putting Peter to nap in the bathtub but I would have been warm darn it!
To try and rid me of the winter blues, Roxie and I made these.
They were tasty and raised my spirits for a moment... until I looked outside. Blast!
4 comments:
Oh for the sake of Pete. That really has me going. What the WHAT? It is so NOT snowing here...yet. How do you have snow already? You live 20 minutes away and we've got nothin'!
Ahh Carrie, don't take it so hard. It was rather pretty falling down in beautiful soft flakes on the way to work yesterday morning, but Autumn is still and always will be my favorite.
Snow stuck to the ground in October bites.
Those cupcakes sure perked me up! (Love cake stand- I just got one similar!)
Snow blows! Glad I'm missing all of that mess. I do love however that Roxie & you cook so much together. That's very cool.
Post a Comment