Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Catch up

It's been a while since I've posted anything. We've been crazy busy. We've been traveling... traveling to Europe and back. Oh, no we weren't. How I wish we were. I don't know what we've been busy with but we've just been busy. Here are a few things we've been doing.

We've been going to Midway a lot. The weather has been beautiful and we've enjoyed watching the leaves change. There is nothing like Autumn in Utah County. I'm sorry, I'm a little biased having grown up here.
Roxie, Ruby and Grandpa. We were lucky enough to have a visit from our California Cousins just in time for Swiss Days in Midway. We went to the parade and ate a "Swiss" Navajo Taco. Delicious. Who knew the Swiss were so adept in Navajo cuisine?
Feeding the horses in the backyard with our favorite Aunt, Amy. I'd love to say that Roxie jumped up there in line and fed those horses with gusto. Nope. It seems that I have handed her my genes for being nervous around animals. Especially big ones, with big teeth and those hooves that could just kick whenever they please. Gulp.
We also had a wonderful visit with Uncle Jim. Who's not so much an Uncle but one of my best friends for just about 10 years now. The kids know him as Uncle. Thankfully, Jim has been wise and bought a season pass to BYU's season, we'll be seeing a lot of Uncle Jim and we couldn't be happier. As it turns out, we're all happy that we have a spare bedroom now and Jim can have some space and not have to bunk it up on the living room floor. Maybe one day we'll get an actual bed for that guest room.

I don't keep in touch with many High School friends anymore. Those whom I do stay in contact with are those that share a bond that can't be broken. We're known as the Super Troupers and we love to roller skate. Almost every Saturday night for 4-5 years was spent together Disco Skating. It might sound lame but I don't care! It was what brought us all together and keeps us together still. They know me better than most. And how lucky that we all married super cool spouses as well. We get together every so often, this time with the kids.
Can you guess which belongs to which? From left to right: Joshua (Jake Andersen), Roxie (I hope you all figured that out), Maggie (Lilly Nielsen McDowell), Millie (Kyle Reeder), and Scarlett (David St.Julien). There were a few babies missed in the shot but here we are all represented. I also don't know what was sooo interesting about that rock.

And what has Peter been up to? A lot of this.
Peter has been crawling everywhere, eating everything and in general being a perfectly normal 9 month old. I'm having to babyproof again and watch him constantly. It's all good fun.

6 comments:

Brooke Reynolds said...

I'm sorry, Amy is the favorite Aunt? I don't know what to say!

Lilly said...

Nice catch up post. I was wondering when we would hear from you again! Darling pictures. Fun summerness!

Jim Hutchings said...

Love it when I make the Blog. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Hug the munchkins for me!

Natalie said...

Oh, I miss Jim. It's been years and years. Peter and Roxie are getting so big.

Diana said...

Aww I'm glad Jim made it on here too. I miss him, even if I don't ever see him or talk to the man. Nice catching up. maybe on your next catch up post you will have really went to Europe.

jayna said...

Seriously- Jim needs a blog so we can keep tabs on him too!

How adorable are Peter's eyes? They kill me! And the identical cousins are always a good time...the Patty Duke theme song plays when I see them together...