Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Love Notes

I love it when Roxie gets a note in the mail. She loves it too. There's something so exciting to a child when they get something special. It's like magic to them. It's amazing that they can send a note to someone and in a few days, they get a note back. I love their language and they way that they dictate to you. Like good old fashioned pen pals.
It makes me wonder the last time I wrote a little love note. The last time I sent words in the mail. Email is wonderful and so efficient but I miss getting a little surprise in the mail. Writing notes is slowly dying. Did you hear that some schools don't even teaching cursive anymore? I'm resolved. I'm going to find some nice stationary and get writing!


4 comments:

jayna said...

Love that our girls are pen pals...Care we are so blessed. Love ya and can't wait to see you!!!!

Lilly said...

So I will expect a letter in the mail.

Natalie said...

I love Roxie's name! So cute! I love getting real mail too. It's a shame we don't use the mailbox more often.

my favorite color is green said...

old fashioned letters are always a good idea. It was so fun to see you last month too :)