Sunday, August 30, 2009

Roxie's room: before and after (part one)

As we get settled into the house, small little projects are starting to happen. Which excites me to no end. I love a good fixer upper project. Something that transforms itself. We've been renting since we've been married so I've done lots of little things but I'm so excited to work on bigger projects. But for now we're not quite ready to do anything major so Roxie's room comes first. We plan on putting up bead board, painting and putting mass amounts of girly butterflies everywhere but the first thing she needed was a nightstand. I found this nightstand at a garage sale for $15.
The main room colors in her room are going to be pink and green so I gave this nightstand a new look. The nobs are Roxie's favorite. She calls them her jewels. Before we put them on the nightstand she asked if she could sleep with them. She loves all things sparkly.
I'll try and post more pictures once we get her room finished. And since we're speaking of Roxie, look who starts ballet class tomorrow:
I can not tell you how long she has waited for this day. She has asked me for the last six months if she can take a ballet class. She's giddy with anticipation.

7 comments:

jayna said...

That looks so great care! Way to go...I knew the Martha still ran in your veins. Can't wait to see more pics!

(and yes, I'll call soon. the in-laws are here until thurs.)

Natalie said...

That is so cute. You've got skills. My girls are crazy for jeweled things too.

my favorite color is green said...

Cute night stand! You are very talented

Lilly said...

looking good!i can't wait to see it in person! cute dancer girl too. Mag's started her second year of dance today. I took similar pictures of her last year at this time. Loves it!

Diana said...

Very impressed. The knobs did it for me. I love those colorful crystal knobs. I had similar ones in Nessa's room. Nive work so far.

MikeandJill said...

The night stand looks really great. So I got a new phone and it deleted your number. I wanted to come by on Monday and visit. Call me asap.

NanaRusson said...

That nightstand looks wonderful, including Roxie's knobs! Want to come over to my house and do a few projects? Your little ones are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Aunt Eva