skip to main |
skip to sidebar
So much to say... so little time
We got back from Laguna exactly one week ago. Since then, we've pack up all our things, unpacked most of our things, until I got sick and so did all the kids. The unpacking has come to a very quick halt. We'll get to it, when all are feeling better. More on that later.
Our trip. We had a fantastic time. All the Hellewell kids were able to come and it was so nice to see them all. Roxie had such a good time with all her cousins and cried as we left. Some highlights:
We went on a trolley ride through downtown Laguna and stopped at the sawdust festival. We had a delicious lunch of hotdogs and got balloons for all. These three girls
were all born within a year of eachother. We've been waiting for them to fully interact with each other for years. It was worth the wait. They are all so adorable together and most times very loud. They loved hanging out of the trolley on the way home waving to all pedestrians and screaming. Ah girls.
We were lucky enough to sleep at Ruby and Cash's house. Roxie loved it so much. Every night she would ask me if it was all a dream. Seriously. She couldn't believe that every morning she could wake up with cousins, most days at 6 am.
We had lots of helping hands ready to help with Peter. He loved the attention.
We all went swimming, even Peter and his cousin Lincoln. They are only 6 weeks apart and are also destined to be buddies. In fact, in a few months there will be 5 boys born all within about 16 months I think. Can you imagine all these boys in 2 years?!
Roxie and Lauren getting ready to kill the competition in the three legged race for the Hellewell Olympics. There was a balloon toss, cherry spitting and much more. Roxie got an A for effort. Maybe next year.
These are the Cappello's. We've been friends since we lived in Orange County a few years ago. It was nice to have lunch and play games, like the good days.
And of course, THE BEACH! Most defenitely the highlight of the trip and the favorite thing to do. For hours Roxie amused herself with building, sculpting and running back and forth with her cousins. I miss the beach every day.
Frolicking
Peter's introduction to the beach. He loved the waves and would scream with all his might when they came near. Then would scream when the water got on his little feet, the ocean was pretty cold I guess.
It was a great trip. It was refreshing to take a break and enjoy the sun and family. By the end of the week we were wiped out and ready to move on to our next journey...


6 comments:
On my way out the door to clean, take off, put away, etc. at the new house, I had to pause and check your blog---have I told you lately how stinkin' adorable your kids are??? For REALS. Looks like you guys had a blast! We'll talk someday---hope you're feeling better!
you're back in utah... congrats on the new house! very exciting. i love the pictures... especially the sleeping surfer!
Oh Carrie! Thanks so much for putting those fun pictures from your vacation on here. You are such a cute little family..made me want to be right there with you. Love, Aunt Eva
So fun...It was great to see you guys...can't wait till the next time. And who knows, maybe we'll have a little one to bring along. :) Miss you guys already... xoxo
I LOVE your photos, I think I need to have a copy of that one with all their backsides.. I love it. It's going to be so much fun watching these girls grow up!
Sooo cute! Those last two pictures KILLED me! So stiknin' adorable! I'm glad you had fun! Even more glad you're back ;)
Post a Comment