Friday, August 1, 2008

The big news

Lots of things have been going on in our family but there is still big news to come. We are moving! Matt accepted a great job in Salt Lake City, UT working for a bigger company that we are very excited about. It's all happened very suddenly but we are ready to make the move and to have another big adventure. I can't tell you how sad we are to leave this area and our very special ward. Matt and I have made so many friends and not just friends but people that we love. It was a hard decision to leave people so great and to leave an area that is so beautiful but we know that it's the right choice for us at this time. We will miss Menlo Park, we will miss California. We've loved being able to live so close to the ocean and being close to Matt's family. We're also saying goodbye (for now) to one of my best friends, Jim. It's going to be tough leaving "Uncle Jim", he's been someone that I've known for a long time and have really enjoyed living close to again. Roxie loves Jim and will miss him very much. But even with all the farewells, we are excited to be back in Utah. We're excited to live close to Salt Lake and the possibilities it will provide for us. Roxie, of course, is very excited to be able to see her cousins more often and live in a house that has grass in the backyard (she talks most about the grass). We move in about 3 weeks so things are going to be pretty crazy but we've got this packing/moving system down. We're seasoned pros. Utah, here we come!

11 comments:

Margie said...

Yeah! welcome back to Utah!

jayna said...

I am so excited, for purely selfish reasons. To have you only a 5 hr. drive away on a permanent basis really is too much for my happiness levels! And a new baby to boot!!

CJensen said...

That is so exciting! You should come up to dinner sometime, we would love to have you!

Jennifer said...

That is so exciting and so crazy that you're moving in THREE weeks! That's nuts! I'm sure it will be great!

Diana & CJ said...

3 weeks? Wow that is super fast. Did you guys find a place yet? Maybe now I'll get to see you more. Daisy gets married in a week. I'm sure I'll have all sorts of stories to tell ya about that. Glad you will be so close.

Linda said...

This is from Linda (Wilkinson) Seamons, Matt's cousin. I'm sad, but excited, for you. Sad because your leaving California (although I don't get to see you guys much) and excited, because it's always great to have a new adventure. I hope you are feeling well and not having too much morning sickness. How far along are you now? (3 months ??)

April HelleDickson said...

I'm just hoping that you have some plans to regulate Roxie's love of "the grass." I think all that time in Laguna has rubbed off on her.

Lilly said...

It's about time!

Tiffany said...

Hey there! Just checked your blog. Roxie is such a cutie, and I hope that you have a great move. I ask Jayna about you and how your baby stuff is going, but I guess I can just check your blog. It is so cool to be a nosy stalker!

Greg and Annette said...

So when is the official moving date? Are you flying or driving? We are so excited to have you closer!

jayna said...

Do not stress little lamb..the blog fairy has granted your wish. Seriously- take it easy. Let the Roxster do the packing for you.