3 things I love about being in Utah:
Our gigantic kitchen! Really it's not that big but to me, it is. After being in tiny kitchens for years with one half of a counter top to cut on and the other counter top constantly filled with a dish drainer, I feel like I've died and gone to heaven. Not only do I have a dishwasher (I must thank the inventor of this magical machine) but we can fit the three of us in the kitchen and no one is stepping on the others foot. It's been so fantastic!
Eight hour work days. Matt actually comes home at 5:00! After living in the Bay area, where it is expected to work more than 8 hours, we are all thrilled to have Matt home and to be done with dinner by 6:30. There is something so great about being in an area where most of the employees are also dads who are anxious to get home to kids as well.
Prices. It's so much cheaper here! I couldn't believe the grocery bill I got when I loaded up on weekly groceries plus the extra stuff that we had to get rid of before we moved out here. Gas is cheaper, food is cheaper, and housing... well that's not even worth comparing. It's nice to even one day contemplate buying a house where otherwise it was a very far off dream.
Three things I miss about California:
Our fantastic friends. Even thinking about all the great and wonderful people that we left in Menlo Park makes me want to cry all over again. Seriously, we miss you all so much. Roxie asks where her friends are and says she misses them, which breaks my heart. I'm sure we'll make new friends but I'm not sure they'll ever be as good.
The weather. It's been so hot here and dry. I miss those cool, breezy 75 degree days. I feel like I have to hit the park before noon if I want to have a fighting chance against the heat. My old days of sitting in the sun and eating lunch at the park are over, at least until fall comes around I guess.
The stores. Most of you know my enduring love for In-n-out. I have now moved to the greasy, salty stage of my pregnancy and oh how I miss those burgers and shakes. Every day I think of things that I need to get at Trader Joes. I miss their frozen dinners, cookies and other baked goods and their never ending organic food which is very fairly priced. Janie and Jack, Barrones, and Crate and Barrel will all be missed.
2021 Mother’s Day Card Printable
5 years ago
10 comments:
Oh girl, I know this move was tough and great all at the same time!
I too have wept for some In N Out. And I too have been comforted by my dishwasher....
Love ya.
Hey just head down to St. George and go eat at the In-and-Out there!! Annette and I will even go with you. She would never pass up a chance to go to St. George!
Hey Carrie! We totally miss you too! But reading this post made me long for a backyard and a bigger kitchen ;). Hey, I REALLY need your address--could you email it to me?
Congrats on the pregnancy! I was out of the loop, but caught up on your blog! My mom and I were talking the other day about names that fit kids perfectly, and we both thought of your little Roxie! Shes super cute, and I cant wait to see your next little one!
like the look of your blog these days! don't worry, it has been hot today, so you aren't missing out today!
Friend of a friend kind of thing. Actually we have several friends in common, you are now the fourth. I started reading her blog and just fell in love with her. I hope she is doing well. Have you heard anything lately? We are doing great, just settling into fall activates. Preschool, gymnastics and so on. How are you guys? Are you all moved in? What's your new place like?
We miss you.
I kinda messed up the photo. If you have a cute family pic, email it my way and I will fix it. That was the only one I had, and the teeny tiny one was buggin. Unless you want it that way.
Anyways, love/hate it, let me know. There's always the naked ladies to go back to. LOVES!
Just when I thought I was out... they PULL ME BACK IN!
Name that movie.
- Jens
Hey - also - how do you know Schyler Chennault? Did you know that he and I were neighbors growing up?
Strange small world!
- Jens
Welcome Home!! Hopefully we'll get to see you guys more oft. Your blog is so cute I am lovin the colors. We have one of those half sized dishwashers...BUT going from wymount stinky sink to a half dishwasher is enough to keep me all smilezzz:)
Post a Comment