Thursday, January 28, 2010

Winter blues

What is it with this time of year? The snow makes Christmas oh so nice but frankly, after that it really should just go away. I don't mind the snow really, it's the cold. I miss California the most now. Meeting the gals at the park on a warm January day. That was nice. SO, to combat the winter depression I got painting.

Don't you love to paint? I do. I love transforming a room. Now that we have our own place I can finally start doing some transforming work. We're planning a myriad of projects (those pictures will trickle along) but for now, the kids bathroom.
While I was painting this warm color on the walls yesterday, I felt like I was on vacation from the dirty snow that's surrounding my home. Now I try to find excuses to go in there and bask in the warmth.

4 comments:

jayna said...

What a lovely bathroom! I covet that granite sister! Really good color choice.

Also, tell me your heart still leaps a little when you say the words "kids bathroom" instead of "THE bathroom"! :)

Brooke Reynolds said...

Sell that house and move on back! We're off to the park right now!

Jennifer said...

I love it. What is with you gifted designers. Perfect color!

Diana said...

I've always loved that color of yellow? Warm, simple & so pretty. Very nice & I love all the pics you put on the wall.