I just finished this book (much to Matt's pleasure) and it pretty much changed the way I think about food. I'm questioning everything I put in my mouth and my kids mouth, which is a good thing I promise. What was the last book you read that changed your thinking?Really, I'd like to hear!
6 comments:
Carrie, I am reading it right now too. (Well among other things, I tend to pick it up and then put it down for a bit.) I tried to get my book club to read it but they were not too interested.. Dad loves his new book too... Food Rules.
Carrie,
I hope you don't mind, I stalk your blog. :) But, I had to comment on this post! We've watched a couple of documentaries about the food industry (Food, Inc. and The Future of Food) both of which he was in. We had the exact same reaction and have totally revamped out eating habits. We should definitely talk!
Oh, and the last book I read that changed my thinking about something was "Baby-Led Weaning".
Ooh, this is on my list. Dave has been all over Dad's new diet. You should have seen his face when he measured out all the vegetables you're supposed to eat in a day- it filled an entire plate. And that didn't included fruits. It was kind of sad how surprised we were.
Have you read "The Help"? I read it over Christmas and I keep thinking about it all the time. It was amazing.
Hellwell stamp of approval is good enough for me!!
Interesting, never heard of this one but I want to pick it up next time I hit the library. I'm sure its something I can use because we all know I have the worst eating habits.
The most recent book I read that changed my thinking is called "Diaper-free before 3". Its written by a pediatrician that has changed my whole view on potty training. I figured Ness is almost 2, I thought I would read this & get some helpful tips but I was blown away by this lady's prespective & views. I'm almost done with it & can't wait to start. I would recommend skimming through it for Peter.
I haven't read that one yet, but the one that got us to go vegetarian 6 years ago is "The China Study." And last year I read "Eat to Live" and we're now going vegan. (We should've gone vegan after reading "The China Study," but we were too lazy, I guess.)
Two great books about childbirth are "Birthing From Within" and "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth." I'd already made up my mind about homebirth at that point, so I can't say they "changed" my thinking, but they confirmed my decision. :)
Post a Comment