Friday, November 13, 2009

A tale of a tail

There was a mouse... who dared enter our house. I was sitting peacefully on the couch reading books to Roxie when I heard it. A shuffling noise. Something in the pantry. I got up on the couch to see over the kitchen counter and that's when I saw it. I saw it's beady little eyes. I immediately took control of the situation and called my sister to come save me. In tears I told her that there was a mouse and she came to my rescue. Did I mention she's like 7 months pregnant. That's right. I'm tough. I saw the evil creature run from the pantry to behind the fridge and I think remember yelling something to the effect of "get out of my house you mean mouse!" He's lucky that's all I said. I decided to show the mean mouse who was boss and trapped him behind the fridge using decorative throw pillows and my guest towels. That'll show him! He promptly crawled underneath, over and around my trap. I kept yelling mean words every time he came out so that at least kept him behind the fridge, with hurt feelings nonetheless. That's right.

My sister came and then the fun began. She chased him all over the house trying to trap him. I needed to stay put on that couch with my feet up. Peter needed to be protected and someone had to do it. My sister was able to chase him to the garage where we think he'll be smart enough to go out the slightly opened garage door. HA! Now he can go tell his other mice friends about the house on Rivermist where he got trapped by a very scary woman and how no mouse would dare come back. At least not when my sisters here.

6 comments:

jayna said...

Oh stop. That is the most hilarious story. What were you thinking??! A teeny mouse!!?

Although, it is gross to think of one amongst our food and kids toys. We need to set some traps for ours too. He's quite crafty and without a conscience!

Hopefully you've seen the last of him!
(and that he'll spread the news to his mangy friends!) :)

mkmcneli said...

Thanks for the laugh.

Riley Family said...

That is a great story with even greater story telling! Hope those mice stay away! :)

Lilly said...

Oh Carrie and her intense fear of all animals. I will lay in bed tonight chuckling at the image of Elyse running around your house seven months pregnant while you sit with your FEET UP on the SOFA! Classic.

Rob said...

Loved it! You need a kitty.

charlotte said...

There is nothing I hate more than mice, nothing.