We decided, very last minute, to risk the flu and go to Boise to stay with the Haws family. Jayna had called me and said that the girls were much better and that maybe we should come after all. It didn't take much to convince us and were we ever glad! We had a great time. I've been friends with Jayna for 9 years (we were roomates at Ricks College) and thankfully our husbands get along as well. The last time we were all together was 3 years ago and we picked up right where we left off. Add to that their 2 adorable and sweet girls, Grace and Caroline, who played with Roxie constantly. I don't know if I've ever seen her so happy and excited. They played dress up, make believe, danced, they did it all. And what did we do? We played our old favorite games, ate junk food, talked until late, and were generally lazy. A perfect long weekend! We spent Thanksgiving day at Jayna's parents with the rest of her family. The meal was fabulous and the company was perfect. We loved every minute and were sad to leave. Roxie complained of being "so sad" the entire way home and asked if we could live with Grace and Caroline all the time. They'll be good friends, just as we had always hoped.

We also got to see Natalie, another roomate from Ricks. She, her husband Quinn and their 3 kids all came bowling with us. It was great to catch up with Nat and to see her cute kids. I can't believe that we are all grown, married and have children. The picture is awful and very blurry but you get the point. (Jayna has a much better one on her blog)

We can't wait to see them all again!


3 comments:
It was a sweet time. Haws HEART Hellewells 4 EVER BFF's.
Rumor has it ya’ll got skooled in Settlaz! Very disappointing I tell ya… very disappointing.
I'm so glad you had so much fun!
Post a Comment