Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What have we been doing?

Not much. Last week I attempted my first pie. I made the dough from scratch and after trying to get it successfully into the pie pan for almost 30 minutes, with Matt's help, I realized why people buy the frozen ones. I'll keep trying. I'm sure I'll get it in time and I will become the domestic goddess I've dreamed about. It tasted good all the same, with lots of ice cream to cover the very ugly crust.

We've been trying to spend as much time as possible outside while it is still "warm". It's not warm to us but I know it's only going to get colder and colder. I realize I grew up here but it's been a while since I've had a full blown winter. Roxie is really looking forward to the snow... I'm not as much. We went to the Zoo today to try and get a few last outings before it gets freezing. Also, going to the zoo was a good distraction for the major disappointment felt today.

We had planned on going to our great friends, The Haws', for Thanksgiving weekend. As the phone rang this morning I knew already. The girls are sick, we can't come. I've been depressed all day. It stinks for sure but we'll be alright and are making plans for the next time.

And lastly, I've been asked time and time again to post some kind of picture of "the belly". So, here you go. Enjoy. The pregnancy is going well. It seems that he is mostly in my back, thus why I'm not showing a lot and why it is getting more and more impossible for me to sleep. I've got about 2 more months to go!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

You look TINY for only 2 more months to go! Can't wait to see him and you three as well! Happy thanksgiving! xoxo, C&J

jayna said...

You are tiny. I think that baby is growing backwards.

So this morning Grace woke up FINE. A miracle. I think she just has a UTI which she's going in for a few hours.

And then Caroline is doing TONS better today...just a small fever, not raging like yesterday. And she's eating.

So now I'm wondering if they had it at all- or if Caroline who has the best immune system, is just getting over it in 3 days instead of 10.

What if they are better? What if Caroline just had some other virus? What if you guys could still come?

I think this, but then think that you would have to come knowing there was a risk, however small, of your kid picking it up.

I'm sure it doesn't change anything for you guys, but I thought I would throw it out there. A dream is hard to kill. Thanksgiving isn't even until tomorrow, so there's time, right?!

Erin Leigh said...

hey, the pie was fabulous and it wasn't so ugly - for reals!!!

i keep meaingin to tell you how fun we had that night and i am really really really so sorry we stayed so late. i hate being those kind of people that you can't get rid of. were we? was matt mad? you can tell me the truth!

Jennifer said...

That's sad about Jayna's, but it's not too late. Anyway, you are super cute and ridiculously tiny. I'm not shocked or anything, I'm just saying. Keep enjoying the weather while you can!

Anonymous said...

How cute! I'm so excited for you guys!