Have I mentioned that I have great in-laws? Well, I do. They have this fantastic tradition of giving Christmas ornaments each year. Some of them are symbolic of what you've done that year, some of them are just special. I love it. And now that Roxie is old enough to know these things, she loves it too. It's one of our favorite traditions; putting the ornaments on the tree and remembering all the little stories that came with them. Here are just a few of my favorites and the stories that go with them.

These don't have a story but look at how cute they are! All of the gang are there, Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Hook and even the Crocodile.

We were given this ornament the year we were married. It was the first ornament I received. It might be my very favorite.

Matt and were just saying last night that these ornaments have become more special now then ever. We were given the surfing Santa upon moving to Southern California and the next year were given the California shaped ornament when we moved to the Bay Area. Now that we've left California, we love these all the more. It reminds us of the wonderful times we spent there.

These are Roxie's ornaments and will one day be on her own Christmas tree when she's grown and married. It's hard to see the one on the top but it says "Baby's first Christmas, 2005", the year she was born. The angel and pink dress were given over the last two years. They are obviously her favorite.

No story here but seriously, did Clare not nail it this year?! Who doesn't love reindeer in pajamas? If you know me well enough, you'd know that I do!

When we lived in Provo going to school and working we had always managed to spend parts of Christmas with both famalies in Utah and California. One year we decided it wasn't possible and planned on staying in Utah for Christmas because I had to work. The night before Christmas Eve we sat, depressed and missing Matt's family. We thought it a shame to not go so at 9:30 pm, we packed and drove the 10 hours to Laguna. Even if we only stayed two days, it was worth it seeing the surprised faces as we knocked on the door at 6:00 am Christmas Eve morning. As it turned out, I was able to beg someone to work for me and we stayed for 5 days. Well worth it.

These are the ornaments Matt recieved while serving his mission in the south of France.

Once again, no particular story but who wouldn't love an ornament of Popeye?!
It's such a great tradition, one we hope to continue for a long time. We can't wait to see what comes this year!
6 comments:
Glad you like the spruced up page. I'll keep em coming.
LOVING the ornaments- what a cute tradition!
(I've already blown it with my own kids, so I'll do this for the grands some day...)
Wow, what a fun a fun tradition! Skip thinks not one of the kids like this tradition, only me; just wait till I show him this.:)
Not only are they fun for you, but they bring back so many memories for me and the love that goes with each one. It's really fun to shop with the Hellewell ladies in San Francisco each year, which is a tradition in itself.
You'll love this years' ornament.
Missing you all, Clare
Isn't it a fabulous tradition! - My kids enjoy it immensely. The minute Thanksgiving is over - it's when do we get to put up the christmas tree! Then there are the hours looking at it, finding your favorite ornament, or sharing it with your friends when they come over. What a great tradition Sandra started. Love from your cuz
Still love the roundy bendish arms on the Captain Hook.
I love the ornaments and Peter Pan is probably my favorite.
Chris and I miss you guys.
very fun... i'm sure roxie loves all the ornaments... happy birthday roxie!
Post a Comment