Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a great mother's day weekend. Matt took Roxie out for most of the day on Saturday and I was able to sew a skirt! My first sewing project that actually involved a real pattern. I only had to unpick it once. It was nice to have a few hours to myself, sew and watch Sense and Sensibility for the hundredth time. Roxie and Matt came back with a dozen of the brightest yellow tulips, my favorite and a sweet mother's day card. We did most of our mother's day celebrations on Saturday. On Sunday though, Matt did make me a breakfast of crepe's (his specialty) and since I teach Primary, I was able to go to Relief Society. I loved it! I didn't realize how much I missed going. Not to brag, but my ward really is the best! Seriously, the best. All in all, a great mother's day.
I also wanted to send out a personal thank you to my two mom's. First, my own mother. Growing up I don't think my mom and I really got along. I'm very stubborn and, I hope she doesn't mind me saying, but so is she. We really butt heads a lot then, but now that I'm older (and much more mature) our relationship has really grown to be one of the best in my life. I love my mom and am so grateful for her everyday.
Clare is not only my mother-in-law but quite truthfully one of my best friends. Having lived with my in-laws not only once but twice, I've grown to love and respect her like my own mother. She is such an example to me and is someone I try to pattern my life after. I'm even saying "oh, crumb", her signature phrase of frustration.
And both mother's are fantastic grandmother's. What else could you ask for. Happy Mother's day!

5 comments:

Diana & CJ said...

Ahh that sounds like a sweet mothers day. I want to see pics of this new skirt of yours.

jayna said...

Hey girl- let's catch up tomorrow during nap time!

jayna said...

I want pictures of the skirt!!

Anonymous said...

That is really cute Carrie and I really like your shower thoughts. It's true I get my best ideas in the shower too!!

Brooke said...

Looks like someone is scoring a few points. Clare is pretty awesome though.

We can't wait to see you guys this week!