Monday, October 4, 2010

Want to know more?

I'm aware of the date of my last post. There is no reason for it. I just haven't had anything to say. I haven't taken pictures of my kids, I haven't done much. I've been thinking for days as to what to write, when one of my friends said that when she is in a rut she'll write 10 things about her that most people don't know. It's worth a shot. Maybe you know some of these things but maybe you don't. Here goes.

1- I will NEVER change the radio station when a "Tears for Fears" song comes on. I'm not sure why. I just can't do it.
2- I used to really enjoy camping (environmental club, anyone?) but I have a hard time with it now. I hate that I've become a wuss. I love being outdoors. I just really, really like my bed.
3- When I cook a meal I have a running commentary of what I'd say if I were on a cooking show.
4- I count stairs. I've done it for years. I always count my own stairs at home. It's always the same number and I like that.
5- No matter what anyone says, I believe Michael Jackson. I do believe that he slept with children in his room but I think it was innocent. He's a child himself which makes me sad.
6- I wish I knew how to play the drums. That would be my instrument of choice. I've tried on Rockstar. I suck. Too bad.
7- I have really soft hair. In elementary school when we would line up in alphabetical order the same boy was always behind me. Corey Shelley. He'd rub my hair. It wasn't weird back then, I promise.
8- I have also never dyed my hair. I hope to never need to, we'll see how fast those grey hairs pop up.
9- I still have two babies teeth. They're not going anywhere. My mom still has one of hers. It always freaks out a new dentist.
10- I grew up in a family with 10 kids total. We weren't the Duggars but believe me, when we went on vacation to Las Vegas people looked at us like we were.
11- I lied. I was supposed to come up with 15 things but I can only come up with 10. Does that make me lame? Oh well.

4 comments:

jayna said...

I DID want to know more. The Michael Jackson one made me laugh. I remember what you said about sending him to an island with psychiatrists dressed up as clowns to treat him! :) Keep up this idea if you can't think of anything to write!!

Erin Leigh said...

corey shelly, hilarious! and creepy! i do not remember this fabulously soft hair you speak of. maybe if my last name hadn't started with a C, but with an S like corey, i'd have been in on this little secret.

Jennifer said...

I love it! I feel the EXACT same way about Michael Jackson. The only one I knew for sure was the 10 kids one. I think I may have known the not dying your hair one too.

Natalie said...

You are hilarious, Carrie. I'm with you on the camping. I love to hike and go on boat rides over pretty lakes and stuff, but I hate sleeping outdoors. Quinn has finally accepted that when we go "camping" we stay in a hotel. And the baby teeth thing is awesome. I've never heard of anyone keeping their baby teeth before.