Monday, May 24, 2010

It must be said

Two posts in less than 24 hours? Something must be up, right? Feast your eyes on this:
Seriously?! This is what I wake up to?! Hey Mother Nature, it's May. It's the end of May. It's practically June. Enough already! I've had it! You know those glorious few months that you don't have to turn on your heat
or your air conditioner? You know those months that you can go outside and wear a long sleeve shirt and flip flops? (my favorite combo) When you can go the park and stay all day because the weather is just so beautiful? When you can plant your garden and weed your yard without dying from heat? Well, we've missed that!

The garden that Matt has worked so hard on is surely dying as I type. I'm currently wearing a sweater. A sweater! We're going to go from winter to summer and completely miss Spring altogether. I've been avoiding this post, avoiding my tirade thinking that by typing it out I will have surrendered. But that's just what I've done. Mother Nature you win. Here is my white flag. I give up. I'll put on my sweater, my gym shoes and socks. I'll pull the coats out of storage and I will
drive Roxie to preschool, even though it is just up the street. We've been waiting all winter to walk to preschool but I give up. You win. But behind my back I give you the bird Mother Nature. That's right, the bird. I can't fight back but I can be angry.

5 comments:

jayna said...

OH snaps. Snow? That sucks. It's happened here before. Global warming means June is the new May. It stinks. But you did make me laugh.

Natalie said...

That's messed up. It rained like crazy here on Saturday and my parents live up in the hills so it snowed like 4 inches at their house. That was pretty nuts. They had to bring in all their flower pots and stuff. But it melted fast. It's like 70 degrees today. I hope your snow leaves melts fast too. And I'm so sorry about your garden! That would suck.

Diana said...

I missed having snow around for christmas time but that's it. I don't miss snow in the spring. I remember the feeling & it sucks.

Mimi said...

That is awesome!! So... I remember growing up and living in Utah that around this time of the year I used the heater in the winter and the AC in the afternoon. No Consistency I tell you!!

If it makes you feel better it has been raining here non stop! You can't go anywhere without getting wet- needless to say I never do my hair because I refuse to carry around an umbrella.

Lilly said...

Ha ha ha ha! Oh I'm dying. I hear you lady. You should know that whenever I wear a long sleeved shirt or sweater with flip flops I think of you.