skip to main |
skip to sidebar
California Dreamin'
We got back from our trip to California a week ago (I know, I know. I blame strep throat) and had one of the best trips yet. It was a perfect blend of having plenty to do and still being able to relax and even take a nap. We had the privilege of staying with the Reynolds and being able to visit all of the family that live down in sunny Orange County. Roxie was thrilled to be able to wake up to Cash and Ruby, of course they had to wake her up first. It was great to see the cousins all together. There is definitely something unique about cousins. My kids are always a little stand-offish (is that a word?) to new people that they haven't seen 5 minutes ago but they were instantly at ease around their cousins. It was fantastic (now move to Utah guys!). Besides lounging at the beach and hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa's, the highlight to our trip was most likely this:
After living in California for years, we finally took Roxie to Disneyland and it was worth the wait! I haven't been to Disneyland for about 8 years and I had forgotten the magic that line those pretty streets. And nothing is more magical than taking your children. I've been to Disneyland a multitude of times with my adoptive family (I'm not really adopted, I have a wonderful family but was "adopted" into my best friends family and was taken a few times to Disneyland with them) and they taught me much the magic of Disneyland but nothing is like taking your own bright eyed, princess adoring, 4 year old girl.
As soon as we started walking down main street a parade erupted and Roxie was amazed, thinking it was just for her entrance only. "Oh Mom! It's sooo lovely! It's everything I dreamed! I wished on a star about this! This is my best day ever!" Those were just a few words coming out of her mouth. And as we watched the parade go by and I looked at her on her Dad's shoulders, I cried. I cried like a big, fat baby. It was my dream too and I was so happy for her.
Perched on Matt's shoulders with Cousin Ruby and Uncle John. Roxie is holding one of her many pins that we got. One for it being her first visit and another for volunteering so we could get our free tickets, without which this dream may not have come true. 





The last moment before leaving. Roxie saw the R in the word California and once again thought it had been put there just for her. We, of course, told her that it had in fact been placed there just for her and we should take a picture by her R. All the kids crashed in the car and after getting a little In-n-out, so did we. Disneyland is still the magical place I remember it to be and now that we've gotten a little taste of it, I'm sure we'll be back. It might take us a few years to save up, just in time for Peter to join us!
4 comments:
Oh those pictures are sooo cute~ and B and R DO look like twins! Not identical, but oh so similarly adorable. So glad you got to experience the magic as a parent to an overwhelmed 4 yr. old!
What's with Roxie's faces? They made me laugh. One of them reminds me of Cassie, which would make sense since they hang out together. Looks warm and fun!
When did you go?! We were just there too! It would have been awesome to see you! Miss you guys.
Oh my goodness Care. I almost vomited in my mouth when I saw that it had been EIGHT YEARS since you have been last! That is just inappropriate. Did your adopted family teach you nothing? At least you still recognize the magic. The magic is by far the most important part. And isn't it AMAZING with a little one who is tiny but old enough to get it? The best. We need to go together. Sooner than in a few years I think.
Post a Comment