Wednesday, April 28, 2010

House photos

I got another room finished in the house done and it's fast become our favorite place to hang out. We have frequent dance parties in here followed by reading stories on the couch. A few pictures and a few facts:
Yes, we wallpapered and no we're not crazy. Wallpaper has changed a lot since last you saw it. I'd recommend checking it out. We got ours at homedepot.com (for all those who've asked).
I wanted a big mirror over the couch and after looking all over the place and feeling discouraged over the high price tags, found this one at a garage sale for $40. Score.
We've had this bookcase almost since we've been married. It used to be my sisters and before that her in-laws. It used to be dark, scratched and pitiful looking. A little white paint did her some good.
I got the idea for all the H's from a few friends in Menlo Park. I stole the idea and I've loved it (thanks guys). I want more. Much more. Imagine at least 10 more up there. It takes time to find just the right one so if you see one let me know!

8 comments:

jayna said...

I. Love. EVERYTHING! Good job lady! That wallpaper is perfect. I'll call soon to chat it all out. xoxoxo.

St. Julien's said...

Cutie patootie wall paper. I am so into it, I didn't know they had it at places like home depot!! Great find on the mirror. I had the same experience, I ALWAYS under estimate how much things will cost. Yard sales are a dream bc things are priced JUSSS right! Great work, maybe someday we can come see it in real life:)

Diana said...

I must just be hip like that because I knew wall paper was in again. I almost chose it for Vanessa's nursery in ut. Very nice care. The H's are a nice touch too.

Natalie said...

That is so cute. I love wall paper, unfortunately I don't love hanging it.

Erin Leigh said...

LOVING this room. please come decorate my house. no, please. for reals.

i'll keep my i out for an h. ha ha!

Anne said...

Love it, love it, love it, You have great taste if I must say so myself! I hope I get to see it in person one day. Glad to see you guys are doing well.

Jennifer said...

Sheesh woman. I love it all! Seriously, all of it. I want to come to a dance party in that room.

Mimi said...

What the H's??? he he couldn't resist!

I love it! It looks so fancy- you are quite the decorator lady!!