Sunday, December 6, 2009

Roxie's big debut



Roxie has been in a dance class for a few month now and had her Christmas recital yesterday. A few notes.

Thank goodness for the sweet girl next to her that actually knows the dance by heart. I love how at the end, she helps Roxie remember to sit down. Classic.

Roxie had a few troubles. First, having the girl on her left get in front of her. I think she managed quite well. Second, those darn reindeer ears just wouldn't stay on her head. She was so worried they'd fall off. It was a close call but she avoided a costume malfunction.

Our favorite by far is at the very end when she sits down on the floor with her partner. I think the teacher was holding her arms up to remind them to hold on to the others shoulders, not necessary for Roxie since she was in front, but she did it anyway. Good girl.

We're so proud of our little dancer. New York Ballet here we come!

8 comments:

Lilly said...

Oh my gosh, that was hysterical! Sooo cute! I wish I could have seen it in person. I would have been on the floor with laughter. Too too darling!

Natalie said...

That was hilarious and so cute. I love little kid's dance recitals (I just hate when they get big enough to have two hour long company recitals where they only dance for 2 minutes!)

jayna said...

THE ENDING WAS AS FUNNY AS PROMISED!!!

Riley Family said...

So cute!! What a different world. You are lucky to have one of each world in your home. I have a feeling I'll be the only girl here for a long, long time. :) She is as cute as can be Carrie!

Unknown said...

seriously adorable. i laughed pretty good at the end when she goes to reach for the shoulders that aren't in front of her. how cute is she! love her.

Diana said...

Oh man,thanks for sharing. She really is so cute.

skip said...

That is so precious! I LOVE that girl! Thanks for being such good parents.

Ann said...

I felt like it was 25 years ago and I was watching little Carrie on that stage. You have a mini-me, just like me! :)