skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Any of your girls like this?
(Thanks Grace and Caroline for introducing this gem to us!)
Roxie is obsessed. It's all she talks about. We took her to the video store to pick out something for a special movie night and she just had to have this. She said, "It's the most beautiful, sparkly, princess movie in the whole world!" We got it a day or two ago and she has watched it multiple times. She's all girl. It's funny because I am not into girly things, I think I grew out of it quite early as a kid. I've never pushed her toward pink things, I've actually tried to veer her away from them but she is so attracted to them and it's impossible to talk her out of anything that is sparkly. It's her Achilles heel. If she's choosing between two different hats, lets say, she will always pick a sparkly one. I have come to the conclusion that it's inborn in some girls. They love pink, they want to be princesses when they grow up and they love, love, LOVE sparkles. No matter how hard I try and persuade her otherwise, she is absolutely, positively a girly girl. Maybe she'll outgrow it...
6 comments:
Oh yes... and if you haven't discovered yet there is a whole line of Barbie movies- probably ten or more. My girls love all of them (and we own most of them- I use them as rewards for potty milestones, room cleanliness over time, etc.), but Diamond Castle is a favorite for sure. I would advise you to avoid any of the ones that refer to fairies... Princess and the Pauper is my personal fav. Welcome to the land of the girly girl mommies.
This is the Nana in her. She used to tell me that if I wanted to catch a man I had to sparkle more. And flutter my eyelashes more. If you're lucky Roxie will also have multiple jewelry boxes filled with different rhinestone/crystal broaches and necklaces hanging from the doorknobs. If you're lucky, that is.
I am so excited to see you soon. And that boy of yours. And, admittedly, Matt and Roxie.
how are you?!!
i wish i had a girl - this is the kind of thing i think i would force her to love!
but i love my boys! and they like high school musical, so i really have to count my blessings!
YES! The moment I saw the picture I thought ELYETTE! Elyette needs Roxie back in her life :).
Definitely inborn! I'm glad you say so, because for some reason it bugs me that people think I am the reason Elyette's a total girly girl. Despite my efforts to keep her princess free, she's gradually shown me otherwise. Nature wins. Heck, her girly girl is even starting to rub off on me. I even wear heels now!
-giving in is more fun than I thought!
Cute. Ya, Ellie wsa singing the "connected" song for months.
Can I just add a big AMEN to this! Viv is the exact same way, despite my trying to shield her from princesses, barbies, and pink. SHe has ONE pair of shoes that she will wear and they are pink and sparkly. She has ONE blanket she will sleep with and...you guessed it, PINK. Every time we eat, she wants a pink spoon, bowl, etc. We just returned from ROb's mom's house where she was introduced to all things princess and we haven't stopped wanting princesses since. Sigh....Also, I need to call you soon. I have some news for you! :)
Post a Comment