Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Roxie

The other day I was walking Roxie to the neighbors to play and I was coaching her on being a nice friend. How to be kind to her friends and to not cry if she doesn't get her way. She replied,
"It's okay Mom, I'm just going to listen to my heart. It will tell me what to do."

She also gave talk in church this last Sunday. I don't know if you're aware of this but Roxie speaks Spanish. Or Fanish, as she calls it. Every time we would practice her talk at home she would repeat what I had said in Spanish. Roxie's Spanish is very different from actual Spanish... it's more like gibberish. Actually it is gibberish. I was so worried that she would get up there and repeat everything in Spanish but I think her nerves got the best of her and she decided good old English was best. Phew. She did say bezample for example but we'll forgive her.

She's also been using a lot of adult jargon. I'm guessing she gets it from Matt and I. The other day I asked her what she wanted for lunch and she said,
"I want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich because that's how I roll."

It's fun being her Mom.

4 comments:

jayna said...

Ahh, sweet. You have a real sjdfoijsdoifj!

"sjdfoijsdoifj" is Fansih for "Keeper".

April HelleDickson said...

"...because that's how I roll." Oh, I love it. You have a kid with some rocking personality. Though I do wish she had given her talk in Fanish. Do you think she'll still speak it by August?

Jennifer said...

She's hilarious. It's the best to document this kind of stuff. Love it!

Melissa said...

Roxie is my favorite. I love it.