Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our week in pictures

The last few weeks have been uneventful and I'm loving how simple things are. A few things that are going on...
Roxie loves to have "sleepovers" with Peter in his crib. I think she just thinks it's cool to get in the crib and pretend to be a baby. I love it because Peter is so enamoured with her. He will kick and go nuts when she gets near him. He can't take his eyes off her whenever she is around. She kind of likes him too.
Roxie, pretending to be asleep. I think we've got an actress on our hands here. I really believed her performance.
He's discovered his fingers, much to my delight. It's so much easier than that dang pacifier. I've tried putting his thumb in his mouth but he will have none of it. He prefers this two fingers. Oh and the reason his hair is all greasy? I was trying to get rid of his cradle cap by putting baby oil on his hair before his bath. It didn't work super well. Any other suggestions?
Post bath with a normal, handsome comb over. Fingers still in mouth.
And lastly, Peter's eating big boy food now. These pictures are a little blurry on account of all the moving going on over on Peter's end of things. He seemed VERY interested in food recently so we gave it shot. For those with kids, you know what a mess it is feeding a baby rice cereal for the first time. Let me just say this, the bib was not nessesary. He made sure it all got in his mouth and not a grain was wasted. The boy likes to eat, even if his little limbs do not show it.
This one is really blurry but look at how cute his little open mouth is! I love how eager he is and how excited he gets when he sees that spoon.
Roxie is really fulfilling her older sister duties here. I'm training her to feed him completely on her own so that I can fulfill my duties of laying down and eating something delicious.

Hope the week was as simple and nice for you!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Peter is such a cute baby! And Roxie sounds like a great big sis.

Janelle said...

One of my kids had cradle cap really bad. I tried the oil thing and it didn't improve at all. I asked my pediatrician and she said to use Selsun Blue. I was surprised but it worked great! I just hated the way it made him smell like selsun blue all day.

Melissa said...

Your two kidlets are just so cute! I'm shocked at how much Peter looks like Matt!

Erin Leigh said...

goodness, what a fun post. that little peter has got to be the cutest baby ever, don't tell june. i'm so glad things are going well for you. hooray!!

jayna said...

LOVED this post- it was so fun to see that many expressions of Peter! He is a little Matt/Carrie! (ok, maybe more Matt, but I see some Russ too.)

So glad that the swing of things is returning, even if you are still without a house. But, miracles do happen...you'll find one, just like we did!

John Boy said...

I don't like the cradle cap either. I took one of those fine tooth baby combs to our kids hair. A couple sessions of that over a week or two and it was gone. The good thing is that once you get it off, that is it. love the picks bytheway.