Friday, November 9, 2012

Faux canvas prints

I've been wanting to put some pictures that we took recently as a family but haven't wanted to frame them the traditional way but also didn't want to pay the hefty price to get them printed on canvas. Enter: Mod Podge. I've been a fan of mod podge since college and have used it in many different ways but this is pure genius. I bought some canvas' at Michaels craft (50% off), printed my pictures at the local Costco and painted the edges of the canvas' with craft paint. I had to trim my pictures down to fit the canvas which was pretty easy. Then I mod podged the prints onto the canvas', waited for them to dry and then painted over the entire canvas. I only did one coat. And voila. If you look closely, you'll be able to see that they are not the real deal but I don't care. They look nice and when we get new family pictures next year, I won't feel bad throwing these away and getting new ones. It helps to have such cute subjects for a photographer to capture. Not me of course, the kids.




2 comments:

jayna said...

Oh I'll comment alright...don't try to distract me with your utterly adorable kids and well executed craft when you failed to credit your source of such genius...ME!!!

Whatever. You owe me like three w's on song pops for this.

Seriously those pics are too perfect!

St. Julien's said...

WOW! Love the idea Carrie. Love it so much I might just adopt it and put it on my list of great ideas. That list for, "great ideas I fully intent to but never get around to" it definitely makes that list. Very cute family!!