I know it's been a very long time since I've said anything on this blog but I have an excuse, we've been very busy. We are furiously trying to get as many things done before Miss Violet makes her appearance in just another few weeks or so. One of the projects on the list was getting a room ready for Peter. He will be moving out of his room and into a big boy room complete with a bed. It's been a fun project. I've discovered that I prefer to decorate for boys more than I do girls. Sorry Roxie. I just like primary colors more than I do pastels. And I'm sick of the color pink so it's been nice to mix it up for Peter.
You'll have to just imagine what this room looked like before because I don't have "before" pictures but basically it was four, tan, blank walls. We painted the walls green and Matt (who has become quite the handyman) put the shelf all the way around the room.
This bed was a bed we bought off craigslist back in our Menlo Park days. It was quite a steal. It used to be white and now it is sporting a new bright red color.
This dresser used to be my grandmothers. I'm a little bit fond of all the scratches and dents. Peter will sleep his first night in the bed tonight. I think he likes it.... I suppose we'll see tonight.
2021 Mother’s Day Card Printable
5 years ago
2 comments:
A real bed! How did he do?!
Congrats on #3, I'm so glad you're blogging again. This room is so cute, I love the ABC blocks and all the use of vintage colors. Fantastic!
Post a Comment